From formation to growth, businesses need legal counsel, whether it be for practical advice or creative solutions. The right lawyer should be able to assist you in business planning, organizational formation for a start up business or evolving business, and stay on as outside counsel to protect your business and grow your company.
Businesses cannot escape contracts. From point-of-sale transactions in retail, purchase orders, service agreements, contracts are integral to business. Handshakes and good intentions are a thing of the past in the growing digital life. Many business ventures and relationships are now formed without even meeting face-to-face. As such, the importance of contracts has increased. A well-versed lawyer can help facilitate your business growth and reduce future costs and liabilities.
Likewise, two of business’s most valuable assets are personnel and information. Protecting those assets should be planned from the outset. Proper negotiation of employment contracts, including non-disclosure, non-compete, and non-solicitation clauses, is essential for both the employer and employee to understand the terms of the agreement and reduce costly litigation upon separation of the relationship. Necessary steps to prevent the leak of valuable or confidential information, such as customer lists, pricing, supplier lists, referral sources, and other information that provide companies with a competitive advantage, is vital to a company’s future.
Many companies have sought our advice and services to act as outside general counsel, handling or managing all legal matters, without having to hire an inside lawyer. Typical matters include drafting, negotiating, and reviewing day-to-day legal contracts such as employment contracts, leases, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and supplier and vendor agreements, as well as advise the business on potential or actual matters that arise from daily operations, including employment matters, collections, contract enforcement.
- Business Formation
- Business Maintenance
- Operating and Service Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Succession Planning
- Contracts – Business and Employment
- Trade Secrets
- Employee Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation
- International Parent-Subsidiary Arrangements
- General Business Support
Our experience includes:
- Negotiated consignment agreement between well-known antique weapon collector and international auction house for exclusive international auction of Japanese antiquities
- Advised Ferrari of Houston on prospective sale of Maserati dealership
- Drafted the Ferrari of Houston Ferrari Opportunity Agreement for the Ferrari 488 and right of first refusal
- Established turnkey establishment of U.S. subsidiary of foreign hydraulic firm
- Negotiated oil and gas midstream executive employment contract
- Developed business formation growth plan for local company expanding from one to three locations within one year, incorporating member buyouts, structured purchase agreements, and succession planning
- Secured asset sale of local CrossFit franchise based on structured future buyout secured by promissory note
- Advised condiment company in negotiations with national brand manager and distributor agreement
- Routinely advise foreign individuals on establishing local companies